21.6.05

Time tunnel




Time tunnel

Living in this remote area of the city, I have to pass through three tunnels on my way to office everyday. I like enjoying the scenery on the way to work, though there are no many changes found. All of them are the first impression of the beginning of my day, the hills, the bridge, the sea, the ships, the elegant cars, and the special car plate nr. as well. However, I can see nothing except the dim lights on the wall while the bus arrive at the tunnel. They are of a quite length, I should say, it takes the bus a few mins. to pass through the whole tunnel. Most of time, I will keep my eyes shut until I feel the light at the end of the tunnel. I will see the sun, the sky and the colorful world again. After several mins. the whole scene changes...

A cartoon character named Doramon, is one of my most favorable figure. He has a time machine, which ccould bring him and his friends to travel the past and the future. I dreamed that I will buy a real Doramon and send him to the present me, if he will be available in the forseeable future. But I have not get this present so far. Till today, I am still keep this dream in my mind. The tunnel looked like that time machine. I remembered Tao Yuanming's famous tale about the Peach Blossom Spring. Though I could not find the idyllic enclave in that tale, I do like the bright light at the end of the tunnel. A few minutes could be an hour in the status of "in-between" - I don't afraid of "dark or black", but I don't like the uncertainty from the environment around.

In and out, in and out... That's the cycle of the time and pace...

No comments: